-by Nozer Kasad
Shooting Macro with the D-Lux 4
I have always been a fan of compact cameras for the obvious advantage of them being less bulky and easy to carry around and travel with… a gadget that is specifically designed for taking photographs rather than relying on my cell phone to click pictures.
Here’s what I loved about shooting with the D-Lux 4:
- Ability to shoot raw image format in a compact camera was an absolute delight!
- Manual control over exposure settings
- User-friendly design and operating system with well-placed control buttons
- The look and finish of the camera was good and the little red Leica logo on the camera was surely a head turner!
- Wide open aperture of f/2 – f/2.8 …useful!
- Very good dynamic range and excellent details.
- Hot shoe attachment for external flash or trigger.
Macro photography being my field of interest I put the camera to the test with outstanding results! I feel the camera was ahead of its time and can still beat many modern-day compact cameras in a lot of many ways.
Leica raises the bar and creates a gold standard in imaging technology!